In fact I pretty much saw it happening, although the guy who hit me was not to blame. The guy who caused the wreck was in some sort of sports car and he was driving like a maniac even though it was rush hour traffic. The guy in the Tesla swerved to avoid getting hit by this guy and spun me out. While I was spinning he hit me again, only a lot harder and I went into the divider. My car was really smashed up and I ended up having to find a San Jose chiropractor, although it did not seem as though it was that bad at first. I was a little disoriented and I had some bruises and some soreness, but it did not really seem as though it was all that big of a deal. The next morning when I woke up I realized that something had to get done. Continue reading →
Sometimes a person tries to stick it out when it comes to pain, and they put themselves through much more than they need to. I am one of those people who does that when it comes to discomfort with my body. I have never figured out why because doing it is really unecessary and silly. It is best to just go get some help from a chiropractor in Orland Park IL in the first place to get over your troubles. I have to remind myself to do this over and over when I find that I am feeling some sort of physical discomfort. I am getting better at it, though.
The first time that I hurt my back I was in college. I was out on a date and I relized too late that the guy I was with that night had been drinking before he came to pick me up. He was driving in an unsafe way and he was making me nervous. He was ignoring speed limits and stop signs. I asked him to slow down and be more careful, but he didn’t listen. Just moments later, he lost control of the car and we hit a pole. I was lucky that I wasn’t killed. The police officer who showed up arrested the guy and took him to jail. Continue reading →
Back pain is no laughing matter. I’ve suffered from some sort of back-related condition for most of my life. It started when I was a teenager, and I fell while doing gymnastics. Ever since then, I’ve been to so many doctors that I’ve lost count. Since traditional medicine hasn’t completely healed me, I thought I would consider going to a chiropractor in Mesa AZ. I’ve heard a lot of great things about chiropractors in general, so I am willing to give it a try.
The first thing I did when I had this notion was to research all of the practices in my area. I found one clinic in particular that stood out from the rest. Their website was really informative, and had all the tools that I needed to learn all about them. There was a special section for new patients, which I spent at least a half hour reading about. It contained a wealth of information for people who were new to their practice. After reading that, I went on to read about the doctor and his experience. He graduated chiropractic college, and is fully licensed to practice in the state. Continue reading →
Everybody knows spas and salons as service provider for body massages. facials and relaxation. Some places offer extra, specialized services like reflexology, body scrubs, reiki up to wrinkle treatments with laser and botox. Only larger spa resorts and Wellness/Health Centers began at the outgoing 20th century extending their service menu by introducing dietary consultation, fitness training and spiritual education Eastern style like meditation, yoga, and tai-chi.
Although this situation has not changed in principle, there are still three developments in the last decade, which the existing and future owner of the smaller spa or salon should take advantage of for growing his/her business: the exponential growth of world wide web users, the financial crisis and the seemingly unstoppable increase of an overweight and obese population.
The last listed point is the main subject of this post. We will deal with it in more depth after commenting briefly on point 1 and 2.
1. Regular internet usage of Western populations has increased in recent years to 80 or more percent and therefore should be a must for every business owner to reach and communicate with his/her target market. Newsletters and regular information exchange via email marketing, facilitated by user friendly autoresponder software, is one of the key elements to access prospects and secure the loyalty of existing customers.
2. The collapse of the banking system three years ago has substantially increased job insecurity and led to thousands of job losses. People’s trust in the stability and growth potential of European as well as American economies has further diminished and reached a frightening but very understandable low level. This should signal an entrepreneurial mind to rely in the future more on his/her own capabilities instead of remaining dependent on government and companies in a weak and further weakening economic climate. Therefore becoming self-employed may be the best option in these times. It is obvious that in such an environment finding staff is not a bottleneck one should expect. And good staff always has been the success factor No 1 in a spa or salon business.
This scenario then leads us to the third point,
3. The dramatically increasing percentage of overweight and fat people in our societies. As nobody expects a reverse development in the years ahead – in spite of all the flamboyant promises of the multi-billion diet industry -, there is a good opportunity for spas and salons to provide nutritional and lifestyle consulting services.. What is truly exciting about such service is the potential customer base, being significantly larger than 50 percent of the population (both sexes, kids included) in your area, way above the number of people who could become customers of your spa’s beauty services.
With such gigantic customer base waiting for a real solution – not marketing hype! – to their weight problem, often having experienced a lot of disappointments in the past, one needs to answer the question:
“How can your institute gain credibility in the weight/fat loss industry and compete successfully with the offline and online marketing power of diet corporations like weight watchers and Co”
The simplicity of the answer may surprise many of you: by advising your clients a few elementary weight loss principles, which are not at the core, in general nowhere even mentioned in corporate diet advertising for a very simple reason: such principles being applied would endanger, on the longer run even wipe out their existence.
The principles can be summarized in the following seven points:
1. A lasting healthy body weight can only be achieved by acquiring a healthy life style, not merely by diet, shakes or tablets.
2. The energy (kcal) supplied to the body (input) must on average not exceed the energy spent (output) (“Energy conservation law”).
3. Applying principle 2 allows everybody full control over the daily food consumption (caloric input) by balancing it with energy spending * physical activities (variable)
* The daily metabolic output is here considered constant
4. A rise in metabolic output is possible medium to long term by regular strength training (muscle buildup).
5. A healthy eating pattern must be adopted, where key components are
- reducing the sugar intake (60 g daily max, population average is over 100 g)
- a healthy protein – carbohydrate balance (about 1:1)
- consuming mainly low glycaemic index carbohydrates
- selecting only “good” fats, avoiding saturated and trans fats
6 Motivational incentives for a life style change need to be found, recognized and internalized.
7. Setting of an ambitious goal, a realistic step-by-step plan for it’s achievement in combination with a progress control and reward system.
If you, the spa owner, is interested in this subject, you will find ways of acquiring the necessary know-how and (ideally) practicing, what you have learned and teach your clientele (“walk the talk”). I did and you can too.
If for whatever reason you do not want or you can’t, e.g. for time reasons, provide such service, you certainly can look for a nutritionist, who will be joining your spa, perhaps first as a consultant and possibly later, with increasing customer demand, as a staff member.
By applying myself the above listed principles, I lost 8 kg within 3 weeks without starving and reached my ideal weight (176 pounds/80 kg at 6’2”/1,89 m) again, the first time after 35 years (!). I still have it half a year later as the program has changed my eating mindset, food shopping habits and stopped my cravings for sweets and chocolate. This and the fact that I always liked aerobic exercising (how lucky I am!) allows me to enjoy plenty of calories on various occasions without being shocked by the figures on my scale afterwards.
Believe me, living a healthy lifestyle – and that can be done at any age! – makes living every day a real pleasure. Help your clientele to discover the magic and they will be yours forever.
One reason why mental health illness is a growing problem in today’s society, is because our society is gaining speed and moving faster than ever; many more people are experiencing a more complicated lifestyle. It affect a large number of the population. And as the world gets more advanced many others are feeling the affect.
If you’re feeling hopeless, depressed, or going through a personal crisis and need help but, you have no idea where to turn; these 10 tips may assist you to find the perfect mental health facility for you:
The cost of treatment is the main reason why patients fail in receiving treatment. Because of the high cost of rehabilitation services, many suffering from mental health issues go un-treated. Finding a government subsidized program without downgrading services, maybe an option.
2. Holistic approach
For proper treatment a more holistic approach is deem necessary. Since substance abuse recovery isn’t one- dimensional, your treatment couldn’t be either.
Finding a great location can be a challenge. Although sometimes patients are embarrassed and want to be far away from friends and family members. However, being too far from home can become a bigger burden to your family. So when picking the best treatment facility, choose the one that you will not mind traveling to at the drop of a dime.
This is an important step. Deciding on where you may be living for the next 30-90 days or more. You will want to spend some time talking with the staff members to make sure it’s a good fit for you.
Yes. Management plays a major role is the way businesses operate. So regardless to how well-kept the facility is, if the management team isn’t more concern about its clients… you may want to keep looking.
6. Find the Best Counselor
Since counseling is a huge part of recovery, you will want to take some time in your decision-making process. You can look in the local directory for advertisements or ask other friends or family members for referrals. Without doubt, referrals are always better, because you can always trust a friend or former patient.
7. Appearance of the Facility
Unfortunately, some times long-term care is needed. To ensure a pleasant stay, be sure that the mental health center has a ‘like home’ feel. The facility should be clean, neat and organized with plenty of recreational activities, to keep their clients busy.
8. State Certified
Don’t overlook this area. You will hate to get started in treatment and for some reason or another, you have to move to another facility.
9. Know what to expect
While during your recovery you will be assigned a team of counselors. Your counselors will put together a treatment plan based on your info and their professional advice. Know exactly what steps they plan to take.
10. Mission Statement
This may sound silly or unimportant, but the company’s mission statement tells the whole company’s story in a nutshell.
A substance abuse counselor is your partner in helping free you or a loved one from their substance dependency. It’s never too late to live a happy and mentally healthy life. So educate yourself and make a decision for your home away from home.
Health clubs seem to be springing up all over, and we should be commended that so many people are getting into the fitness craze (although we are always trying to get more to join). There are many obvious benefits to joining a fitness center, and they are well worth the cost, as long as they are used on a regular basis. So if you are looking to sign up for one, or are not sure you are happy with the health club you now belong to, here are a few guidelines to consider before taking out that membership.
1. Location. Probably the first thing you should consider when joining a health center. If it isn’t handy it will add time to your session, and if you’re pinched for time it will be a day you don’t go. Someplace you can get too quickly and easily should top your list.
2. Comfort level with the facility. Have an idea of what you want before you even walk in the door. What kind of training do you intend to do? Make sure the club fits your needs, and not just accepting what the club has and building your workout schedule around that. Do a thorough inspection of the place at the time you will be working out. Is it clean and well-run? Do you feel you would be comfortable there, as you will be spending a lot of time at the location? Is there enough equipment at the times you will be there, or are people waiting?
3. All of the costs involved. There will probably be a monthly membership fee, and perhaps a fee to join. Understand what those fees cover, and if there are any hidden costs. Also, get an idea of how often they have raised their rates, and how long your rates will be locked in.
4. Personnel. If you plan on using a trainer for their fitness programs, be sure their instructors are certified professionals who can work with you. There are a range of things to look for in a trainer, and one that is perfect for one person may not be the right one for you. But whoever you work with, there are certain requirements that any trainer should meet. Also, it is always a nicer environment if the staff is courteous and helpful.
5. Programs. Are you looking for a club that specializes in a specific area, such as a building muscle program? If so, are they equipped to handle your needs? If you are looking to get into classes, choose the facility that offers classes you are interested in, and monitor the class to check it out.
Because there is normally a sign-up to join, you want to make certain going in if it fits your needs, and obviously to do that you have to know beforehand what those needs are. Asking other members for their input is not out of line, and could provide some insight. Don’t be pressured to make a quick decision, and once you have, enjoy your home away from home and enjoy the experience.
Do you ever feel you need some sort of help but are not sure what exactly it is? Asking for help is never really an easy task for most of the individuals, but it is the best you can do when you think you need help. People who have doubts related to mental health services can always get in contact with the local mental health centers and can obtain the required information. You can know about the various services designed for people with mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, phobias, schizophrenia, etc.
Defining mental health is never easy, rather it is easy to define what mental illness is. If you are wondering what exactly is the kind of treatment you will get in a mental health center, then there are a lot of kinds of treatments. Professionals at these centers work with individuals and determine the best needs for them. Depending on the type of illness, treatment or psychotherapy with medication is recommended. If you are in doubt that you need external help, then either you can have a straight talk with a medical counselor or if you prefer to find out on your own, they use internet. Go online and you can find information related to almost all the disorders explained in detail along with the symptoms. Once you confirm whether you are suffering from a disorder, you can then find a therapist or a counselor and seek consultation.
Therapy for emotional and mental problems may or may not always produce results. It is mostly interdependent on the honesty with which an individual shares his or her concerns with the therapist. Hence, it is always best to establish a trusted relationship with the therapist. Mental health services cater to all kind of age groups right from children to old people.
There are a few warning signals that an individual needs to watch out for. If certain behaviors become severe or persistent those are the signs of trouble. Keep an eye open and observe if an individual is acting differently than usually and try to relate that change to any incident that occurred in the recent past such as losing a job, death of someone close, marital break up, etc. If any individual complains of uncontrollable or extreme nervousness or anxiety, it may be a sign. Observe if any individual turns aggressive or rude even for a small action, if he or she does this quite often, then they may need help. If any of the above mentioned symptoms persist for a period of time, then that particular individual requires professional help.
The basic goals of the treatments are to decrease the symptoms related to the disorders and bringing an improvement in the patient’s life. With the importance of mental health services being brought to light, many individuals can gain benefit. The more awareness is created among the people the more they can protect themselves or can diagnose any disorders they may be suffering from and can get the required treatments.
Summertime is synonymous with fireworks, barbeques and large bodies of water. It can be a magical experience but an eye ailment can turn a happy season into a sickly one.
There are many eye problems that can arise during the summer including conjunctivitis (pink eye) and eye related injuries. Here are tips on how to take proper care of the eye.
1. Wear sun protection
The skin is not the only part of the body that needs protection from the sun. The eyes need to be protected from the sun’s harmful rays. Protection includes wearing sunglasses and hats.
2. Wear eye protection at home, and while playing sports
· If you are planning on doing a home projects that has particles flying around, like wood chippings, it is essential to wear eye protection to prevent a particles from flying into your eye.
· For kids, eye protection should be worn while playing sports that involve smaller balls. For example, baseball and paintball players should wear shields that protect the eyes.
3. Take proper care of contacts
Contact lenses are worn often during the summertime for ease and convenience but they can also cause a lot of inconveniences. If you are ready to fully enjoy your summer without the hassle of contacts, give us a call. Otherwise, here are a few don’ts for contact lens wearers:
· Don’t wearing contacts for an extended period of time. This can cause pink eye due to improper care of lenses. Symptoms of pink eye include watery and/or swollen eyes, discomfort and itchiness.
· Do not wear contacts in the pool. There is a high chance that they will be washed away by water.
· If your eye stings get out of the water, wash your eyes and take out your contacts.
4. Firework safety
The fourth of July is filled with firework displays. They are pretty but according to USA.gov, statistics show that an average of 200 people are hurt during this period, with 17% of these injuries involving the eye. 40% of the people hurt were between the ages of 25-44. It is important fireworks are not taken lightly and handled with proper care.
Summertime is a great time to have fun and relax but proper care should be taken when it comes to the eye. Wearing proper protection, taking care of the eyes and ensuring proper handling of fireworks will lead to a safe summer.
“Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.”
It is pretty rare to see an article that clearly demonstrates a key issue in the healthcare crisis, even if the authors don’t appreciate it. The study referenced today discusses ethnic differences in the willingness of families to spend their fortunes for extending their lives. The actual results about different ethnic groups is less important than the concept itself. How much of your money would you spend keeping yourself alive? If you were dying of cancer, and needed dialysis to stay alive a few more months, would you pay for it yourself? What if it left your family penniless? What would be your answer at age 20, 50, 70 or 90? Is a 20% chance of curing your wife’s cancer worth spending all of your savings?
Such questions reach to the very heart of our healthcare crisis. It is this end of life care that is bankrupting Medicare, yet these questions are not being openly addressed. Presently, the government pays for any and all treatments, even minimally effective, enormously expensive palliative therapies. One of the primary differences between America and other countries is the limits nations such as Britain and Canada place on end of life care. Paul Ryan’s plan, now being so harshly criticized, obliquely addresses this issue. It is time we spoke openly.
I spent many years taking care of patients dying of cancer, and have seen lives put on hold, careers ruined and families destroyed by the illness of a a family member. The large number of bankruptcies caused by illness is beginning to see some publicity, but the impact is far wider. Unfortunately, financial ruin is just a part of this destruction. Retirements postponed, debt incurred, and dreams put on hold are so common as to be routine. The time spent taking care of people, and the gut wrenching emotional trauma seeing a loved one die terribly, is even more damaging. Even with Medicare, ancillary expenses, additional nursing care, and uncovered treatment have major financial consequences.
Needless to say, my experiences have had an impact upon my own thinking. Once I am ill, and the prognosis is clear, I don’t intend on being a burden to my family or children, and particularly don’t want to compromise their future for a few extra weeks of months of life. Dying painlessly, with my faculties and finances intact, is a major goal of my elder years. In Buddhist culture, an enlightened man gets to choose the method of his death. Modern medicine has given us a little bit of this power, and I for one intend to use it.
I asked my heart, what is the issue with both forms of medicine? The response was “dependence”. We have forgotten that we are God. We have forgotten that we are actually God. We are all God. Even the dense rough people who seem ignorant and illiterate still have a Light inside the heart that connects them to their soul. We have forgotten what that feels like and how to access that part of ourselves. So we look outside for answers to our pain and we forget that the true healer is the Light inside us. That you can go to the Light inside and ask that the wisdom of the heart in the form of Light be sent to the underlying ignorance that is creating this problem in my body or mind. Just like you can go to the doctor, you can go to your God self and say, wake this part of me up from the lie that it is living in. The lie is that it has forgotten God. That it lives in a state of separation, running some program, living out some story of forgetting the truth. In essence the root of all illness is the ego, our state of separateness. So, the only cure is to wake up. Our only disease is that we are asleep. When we focus with so much interest in identifying in what way we are asleep and give it so many fancy names and pour millions of dollars into researching how we are asleep, we seem to just stay in that realm. Why after all these years and all this money do we not have a cure for cancer? It is sleeping sickness. We have just forgotten that we are Love.
One problem with chemical medicine is that it creates numbness in the body and makes it harder to feel the pain of separation and the illness that it is causing in the body. There are some things that help the body lift its vibration and move stagnation and the old beliefs that create stagnation and illness. If you go into your heart, the part of you that is the highest vibration of God will say… use this homeopathic remedy or acupuncture to move this stagnation, or use this herb to wake up this part of you that has forgotten. And sometimes if you have a detached Achilles tendon or nerve, then the only way to repair is through surgery. It seems like effective medicine just needs to dredge the ego layers and remind us that we are the Light, dredge and remind.
We have to be really careful not to support medical (alternative or conventional) practices that promote sleeping sickness. And it is important to believe that we can all wake up, as we all are God, living under a blanket of somnambulism. However, something in us wants to wake up now… so we have more help.